Monday, July 21, 2008

CA Road Trip

With Washington behind us, it was on to California for a week-long road trip and spending time with my family.

First stop...San Francisco where I got to meet Luke's grandpa Art. We had a great time visiting in his apartment, fixing his piano with butter knives (there weren't any screwdrivers the right type/size so we had to be resourceful) and Art being our "tour guide" around all the great shopping in his neighborhood. It was sad to say goodbye, but it was so nice to finally meet him.

My parents just bought a sail boat that they keep in Alameda so we went sailing with them the next day. Here is my dad, "The Captain." Arrrgh...all he needs is an eye patch and a parrot. Can't you picture it?


And my mom, the "First Mate."

And us..."the Landlubbers."

And, here's a picture of a ferry going under the Bay Bridge.

No comments: